Handmade Doll | Waldorf Inspired Natural Fiber Doll | Ivy
Meet Ivy! She is part of a limited collection of natural fiber dolls by Kindred Spirit Dolls, handmade with love in Woodstock, Ontario. She features a sweet, round face with a neutral expression to allow for hours of creative and imaginative play. She has green embroidered eyes, a firmly felted face and soft wool hair which can be styled in any way you would like.
- Arms and legs are firmly stuffed with clean carded wool and move at the shoulders and hips
- Torso is softly stuffed for the best cuddles
- Skin is 100% cotton De Witte Engel fabric, specially manufactured in the Netherlands for doll-making and safe for even the littlest of hands to handle
- Dressed in a cotton dress with snaps and a knitted hat to match
- Ivy has a sculpted bum and a rounded belly.
- Her face has embroidered eyes, a little nose and no smile. This is inspired by traditional Waldorf dolls where no smile or mouth was made to allow the child to project their own feelings onto the doll through imaginative play.
- Skin is made from De With Engel’s 100% cotton knit interlock doll jersey made in Europe. It is pill resistant (dolls will look great for years) and uses Ökotex certified yarns dyed according to European legislation code EN71. Specifically made for use in children’s toys.
- Dolls are stuffed with 100% clean carded wool batt from Germany.
- Hair is made from wool yarn.
- Cheeks can be blushed with an all natural beeswax crayon. They could also be blushed with pastel crayons or natural make up.
Spot clean with warm water and natural soap. Ivy can be hand washed in water and soap but because she is stuffed with 100% wool she will require a lengthy period of time to dry. Ivy will need to lay flat to dry and will need to be rolled over every few hours.Video: Washing your Waldorf Style Dolls